Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

possible late fall series

Last updated on 8 years ago
R
When part break and the manufacturer CANNOT or will not provide them, UPGRADES are the only way to prevent boat anchors or landfill. Many of us cannot afford new cars every month.:o
Larry Kelley
The Finger
That was the idea Larry, to get those old Ninco's out to play again. But the new ones are better and have motor pods, that gives them a huge advantage.
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
Ken
So would you consider allowing a new car with a tight pod, thereby eliminating the advantage?

Do the pod cars have set screw gears?
The Finger
That is the discussion I was hoping to have with you when you picked up the money for dues. I will be talking to Rich this Friday.
Ken
Upon further investigation, the "lightening" cars have set screw gears and hotter motors. And I'm not really sure you could tighten the spring loaded pod to eliminate all movement. So I think we are back to square one. Yes, many of us have boxes full of old Ninco stuff, but I wouldn't want to make anybody buy two new cars for a class. Gear ratios will also be an issue, between stock old 9/27 cars, Anglewinders like a Mosler, and the Lightening cars. This may be too many factors to make this class doable, or at least competitive. I say all this with 5 minutes scanning of the interweb. I may be wrong on all or many points. Please speak up and let us know your thoughts, in a calm respectful manner please.
gunslinger1352
Angle winders are 12/32=2 .66,if you allow 10/27 inline = 2.70, some cars had 9/24 out of the box=2.66 so I believe these are close enough.Tape or temp glue the pods along the ridge of the pod-easy enough to take out-razor blade or x-acto knife.you can tech the pods before the race.I was racing with Ed at the. Time but I believe you ran a scx Nascar series. With the pods bound by strapping tape and no reason for anyone to buy new cars. Just a thought.
Ken
Hot glue or even shoe goo is easily removable. Allow up to 23,500rpm so NC-6 AND NC-12 would be legal, and go. Use 2.66-3.0 gear ratio, if you're too fast we check your gears. Done. Thanks for the info Norm. Just to keep it all in perspective, Norm and Rich both have NC-2 cars that are faster than any NC 5 or 6 I've ever built, so any car with any motor can be competitive.
The Finger
So the big question is, How many races are interested in this race format? NC2, NC5 in floating motor pod cars. And up to NC6 in fixed plastic chassis cars? Running both LMP, And GT cars within the same race series? The other thing I was thinking about was changing the race heat times for different tracks. Just like real racing not all races are the same distance.
Ken
I would think you'd have to allow NC-2,5,6 and 12 for any car with any chassis, stock Ninco only though. Aluminum Ninco wheels and Ninco set screw gears, but keep the gear ratios as listed. You don't want to make a guy with a new car with an NC-12 buy a new motor (I've seen Ninco motors retailing for up to $32.99).
Ken
Anybody else out there? Opinions? Interest?
B
I'll be happy to race my Ninco Audi R8GT and R18LMP.
gunslinger1352
I AGREE KEEP THE POSTED GEARS,SOME CARS HAVE METAL GEARS SOME HAVE PLASTIC-WHO CARES THE RATIO'S ARE THE SAME, NINCO METAL WHEELS OR NINCO PLASTIC -WHO CARES WHATEVER MOTOR YOU WANT-DO YOU WANT HANDLING OR SPEED.YOU SHOULD RACE BOTH CLASSES SEPARATLY,ACTUALLY HAVE TWO SERIES RACES PER NIGHT-differant right?-you may not be great in one series but your other car is great.if you make the chassis rigid guys with old style chassis are really equal and finally tell Rich he has to work the controller with his feet only:D
Ken
If given a vote, I'd be for GT only. That was the original suggestion, and I think at least most of us have at least one. That way if a guy has neither, he only has to buy one car.
B
I like Norm's idea of two races a night. Makes picking a race card simpler.
CYIROCK
My opinion in this type of racing is there isn't a distinct advantage between the podded and nonpodded cars. In fact the chassis on the nonpodded cars are far too soft and flexible as they are... believe it or not, most of the handling issues ninco anglewinders have are due to the poor mesh of the plastic stock gears. I think if you open it up to ninco prorace or Evo gears and or wheels, I think cars across the whole range will work fine. As a connoisseur of these fine pieces of slot, I would love to run these and we all have them. Newer members can still buy new or old alike. It's all out there.
gunslinger1352
Yes
CYIROCK
I may even be willing to part with a few...
gunslinger1352
And so it begin's. RICHARD, YOU DON'T NEED ALL THESE CARS-WE COULD SELL THEM FOR A DOWN payment On OUR LOVE cottage MY LITTLE PUNCHKI.:D:D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator