Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

3.0 Litre Mid Era LeMans Series

Last updated on 8 years ago
Ken
In reviewing the list of eligible cars, isn't the Powerslot Lola a T298? A two liter car from 6 or 7 years later?
B
Good catch Ken! Typo should be 298.
W

Big Lare wrote:
Good catch Ken! Typo should be 298.

Probably should read Lola T280, T290, and T298.
Sloter makes a T280 and a T290.
As Ken stated, PowerSlot makes the T298
I have all three sitting in front of me. (imagine that)
Ken
I guess the real question is, is this series based on one real class of cars that actually ran together (cause classes changed like Chicago weather back then), or just random cars across many classes from the 70's that are under 3 liters and ran at LeMans and are available as slot cars? I can look up Group 5, or JGTC, etc. and find car lists and the rules they ran under, but nothing remotely close for this series. As an example, a Lola T280 and a Lola T298 ran in different classes 7 or 8 years apart under different rules.
gunslinger1352
Is a Cheetah a 3-Liter car-just wondering:D
B
Ken we picked the prototype cars that ran from 1972-1981. They started as 3 liter cars until Porsche introduced turbos. Then the Under 2 Liter Chevrons and Lolas helped fill the fields when Ferrari, Alfa and Matra dropped out after 1974. The idea for the series was to create a class in between Early Le Mans and Group C. No Norm the Cheetah was a Sports car with a Chevy bigger than 3 Liters and never ran at Le Mans.
W

gunslinger1352 wrote:
Is a Cheetah a 3-Liter car-just wondering:D

No, but a Porsche 908 is. 😜😜😜😜
gunslinger1352
Thanks Lar ,I will find a race I can run this frikking car in eventually.
Ken
NC-1 classic Norm, perfect car for that.
B
Norm don't you Have a Slot.it Alfa 33? It seems many members have Slot.it Alfas or Ferrari 312PBs or Fly Porsche 908s or Chevrons. The idea was to race cars you haven't used in awhile. Or give you an excuse to buy a new car you wanted.
gunslinger1352
thanks Ken I never thought of that. I have all those cars Lar -can't decide which one though
B
Norm I look forward to racing with your Cheetah in the next NC-1 Classic race:-)
R
3 liter motor = 183 cubic inches, normally aspirated. NO V-8s, unless the pistons are tiny.
Larry Kelley
Ken
Just making sure I'm reading this right. We're racing at Ded's on a Tuesday?
The Saw
Nope, tbd.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator