Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Big Larry's Big Trans Am Rules

Last updated on 9 years ago
Speed Racer
Do you guys want to run on plastic? Come down to where Jesus lost his sandles. Schlottenhausen is ready
Life is not about the breath you take, but the moments that take your breath away!
The Saw
WELL ALL RIGHT!:p
The Finger
Good to here from you Speed, was hoping we would be able to race with you again. Sorely missed racing with you. Welcome Back
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
Ken
Gary said club input is welcome on motors. I say one motor.
The Saw
Larry's words and I back him. It's his series. I post things to assist him.B)
Ken
No, I get.it. I just didn't want to confuse anyone.
gunslinger1352
Please ,I don't want to start 5000 questions about the rules but originally there was nothing about the front tires touching,I set my cars up so the wheels do rotate on the tech block,I do not have ground down thingy wheels-Larry saw them and said the car passed when he looked at it-Do I need bigger wheels now?
B
I always thought front wheels were to touch the track in all classes.
Ken
I don't recall a class ever requiring front tire contact. All of our classes that are not box stock allow the front tires to be turned down to reduce their diameter or replaced with lower profile tires of the appropriate rim size.
Ken
FYI - There is also a question posted on the updated rules on the home page.
Ken
To be fair the rules very clearly stipulate the legal bodies, no mention of resin bodies is made. And these are TransAm cars, not dirt track cars. Please keep in mind this is Larry's first series as a solo artist, writting rules is never easy. Would it be acceptible if Steve removed the mesh and replaced it with clear lexan so he had front and back glass?
Ken
Do have to admit I'm a bit concerned about "Front and Rear tire diameter should be close to stock 27mm stock diameter." That's really vague. Are we really going to be measuring tires at every race? Or is there perhaps a minimum diameter allowable? We don't usually run foam tires in a series race so this is new to all of us. Do we know that all new tires even meet the 27mm measurement? How much racing and testing would it take for a new pair of tires, assuming that they were at least 27mm, to wear down to say 25mm? Or how much is lost when truing a new pair of tires?
The Saw
Steve, if you're referring to the time when you called me and discussed it you said that you had a Camaro concept car, you didn't say it was a resin. Since the proposed rules had been posted for so long I think it was assumed you bought the kit. And didn't you have a silver Camaro that fits the bill?

Ken, if you re read the posted rule it is stated to keep the tire as close to stock as possible with a further provision as to how the car will be teched. seems like Larry gave enough info, the rules just need to be read and understood and if you're incapable of that you two might consider calling the person who is running the series and asking them instead of trying to embarrass them in this forum.

After last weeks race every body had points awarded.
As for the next race the cars will be teched before or afterwards. You can run what you want, whether the steward awards series points will be another matter.

PeaceB)
GK
CYIROCK
In reading all the posts, I don't see anyone embarrassing anyone here..... If anything Gary, you are embarrassing Ken by calling him out. Also with the plastic tracks we are running on now, tires would touch on a tech block, but not necessarily on Carrera track. I can tell you that the rear tires will be nowhere near 27 mm after testing and six races.... Also, I profile my rear tires, with the inside diameter being taller than the outside. So could I run 27 mm inside and 25 mm outside?
The Saw
So did you stumble upon this Rich? Or did Ken call you?

I guess it's all a matter of perspective Rich. When you allowed him to call me or my ideas out multiple times and than join hands with him when I bite back. Really boys, i never even mentioned at the time of your series, the bumbling of the Carrera Classic NASCAR series or how I stayed quiet while assisting Ken to keep him from bumbling his. I will call you out when Ken and Steve try the same thing on BL. As usual somebody wants to modify somebody else's efforts to fit their race case. And all over a series where the steward tried to create a series where most everybody had the chassis and would spend an absolute minimum to do the body. Any extra efforts by the participants were left for individuals to compete in the concourse for an award. As much or as little as you want to put into it with a minimum of expenditure. Would have made for a nice relaxed summer series. And then.......

Peace brothers.B)
GK
The Finger
Guys, I joined this club because we all shared a common interest in slot car racing. I enjoy racing with all of you. However reading the last two pages of posts we seem to have lost are way. The last line in the rules for any series race used to be " in the spirit of competition " . Where did that go? It seems that these problems fall into that category. Let's not forget we do this for FUN and that seems to be forgotten. Let's play nice and continue to respect everyone in the club.
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
The Saw
Larry, you're out of your element.:p
Sofa King
WOW, this is more fun to watch than going to the circus !!!!!! (note I did not say anything about the clowns)
R
Boy am I glad I missed this one.
The Saw
Not much happened. Just realized a few members, new and old, needed an explanation on the series. And the people who weren't there started yappin.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator