Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Big Larry's Big Trans Am Rules

Last updated on 9 years ago
B
Most of us have a chassis already. Just add a 1/25 body for as little as $9 from Hobby Lobby with a 40% discount Coupon.

Big Larry's Big Trans Am

Stock H&R chassis with Slot.it Boxer/2 (21,500rpm) or equivalent motor.
Slot.it Boxer/2 is the preferred motor as it is easy to tech. The equivalent 21.5K motor rule was for guys with tight budgets who did not want to buy a new motor. It was not intended to open up a motor testing war.

Front and Rear tire diameter should be close to stock 27mm stock diameter. Minimal trueing is allowed.

Front tires must be inside the body and touching the track surface. They should not be free turning on a tech block.

Front Tires – foam, rubber or silicone 27x12
Rear Tires – foam, rubber or silicone 27x12 or 16 or 18 or 21

Max rear track width 3 ¼” – tires should not stick out more than 1/8” from body

Body must have stock front, side and rear glass. Stock front and rear body parts must be in place.

Soldering of rear bushings is OK.

No chassis mods allowed other than adding lead and body mounts.

Must run stock guide flag.

Gears – pinion 9 – crown 33

Bodies 2005-2015 Pony Cars (Mustang, Camaro and Dodge Challenger) AMT or Revell 1/25 kits. Pre-painted kits are available. Cars must have interior with driver (lexan ok) and at least three numbers. See current Trans-Am TA2, Pirelli World Challenge GTS or Continental Tire GS for painting ideas.

Club thoughts on the motor rule are welcomed. Everything else should be considered common sense. This supposed to be a fun series.

Before making any changes that are not included here please ask.

This could be a fun class – “I’m so veeery sorry” – Big Lare likes Big Cars!
Ken
Well, I already built one, so I'm in.
gunslinger1352
well I only have to get a body so I am in. and also someone has to beat big Larry:D
The Finger
When would this start?
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
CYIROCK
I'm in. I don't know why I have been grumpy about the H&R's, but maybe one day I will have a car that's completely done.
Ken
Come on Rich, buy a pre-painted body, slap some numbers on it and you're done.
The Saw
In.B)
B
This series can run anytime the board wants it.
Ken
I thought it would run next. At least I think it should.
The Saw
Same here.
CYIROCK
I agree.
Ken
Slot-it motors are readily available again, has any consideration been given to going back to a single motor choice?
B
All three of my H&R cars have Slot.it Boxer/2 motors. I'm just trying to give some members options if they don't want to buy a new motor.
Ken
K, thanks.
B
Hi guys!
Just so you know H&R has a complete new chassis: #CH-007 that comes complete with a Cobra 26,000 rpm motor and fish tires. It is very competitive with the Slot.it Boxer motor. ( a little less torquie and a little more rpms.) We've been using these for our weekly races on Wednesday nights. We're racing these at Himies this Wednesday night with the Pony Car bodies, along with Womps with NC-5s and Daytona Prototypes with the Jack Rabbit motors. I'd also like to offer Bolingbrook Speedway for one of the series races.
My home phone is: 630-378-0630 Thanks! Karl I forgot to add that these are in stock at Professor Motor, and are usually available by order at any hobby shop.
One of the three FFs From BolingBrook
B
21,500 max RPM
B
Thanks for filling 5 of the 6 race dates track owners! Start painting and the fun starts on July 18! If you need a kit Hobby Lobby offers a weekly 40% discount coupon in the Sunday papers and on their web site. Again 2005-2015 Pony Cars - Mustang, Camaro and Dodge Challenger. We will have a people's choice concourse for the series.
R
I'm in. :)
Roberto.
gunslinger1352
Roberto-are you sure you want to be in this series,just because this is modern pony cars-you cannot be flying a P-51 Mustang:D
B
No airplanes! Just Trans Am carsB)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator