Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

RSVP 6-13-2015 series race

Last updated on 9 years ago
B
Series race and Le Mans tribute races at Chicago Riverside Raceway or for our French friends "Non l'argent, Non Le Mans". Race card is posted in the event Calendar.
1) Big Lare
2) Gary
3) Norm
4) Magneto maybe
5) Larry Kelley
6) Ken
7) Randall
8) Le Finger
9)
10)
11)
12)
gunslinger1352
in
gunslinger1352
Big Larry-just wondering is. The Audi R 8Callowed in the group C class -thanks:D
B
No that car was built after the Group C class was over. It is a LMP or a Modern Le Mans car. Race it at Denny's new track on 6-27.
R
I have the cars and gas money!
Larry Kelley
gunslinger1352
thanks Larry
M
Yes I'll Be in attendance . . . !
CYIROCK
I won't be able to make that night. Have fun!
Ken
Yes, of course.

Question though, only the specific cars listed on the race card will be allowed?
B
Specificly Ken, what are you asking?
Ken
Previously Gary said "Larry is preparing to honor LeMans with four interesting periods of the race allowing cars we may not normally race to compete with some of our standard cars." Then the race card lists very specific years and cars. I'm sure none of the rest of us know if our Lancia Beta Monte Carlo ran at Le Mans, or when. If it's just the regular Fly classics and Group 5's we normally run, why confuse things with detailed specifics? And what was the part about "cars we may not normally race"? We run Fly classics and Group 5 all the time, but instead of including cars we don't normally run, the race card makes it look like we are running classes we normally run, but restricting the cars allowed. I'm sure many of us are scratching our heads and wondering if we have the right cars, or maybe we'll just skip that class, etc.
CYIROCK
I don't really see any restrictions Ken... I think maybe Larry for all his research missed a car or two.... I think if you ask him, cars like the Lancia and the MRRC Toyota Celica would be perfectly legal in group 5.... Randy's Venturi that has Group 5 handwritten on the rear spoiler, not so much....:)
B
I missed the Lancia Monte Carlo Ken. I also missed the L88 Corvette, Ford Capri 2600 RS, Ferrari Dino 246 GTS, BMW 2002, and Hershel McGriff's 1976 Oly Beer Dodge Charger. I'm just trying to celebrate the history of Le Mans. The club rules haven't been updated since 2009 :-)
gunslinger1352
you missed the VW window van also
Ken
Well, to be fair, an updated copy of the rules was presented to all of the board members back in October. Only one member has responded so far.
The Saw
Race card updated.
B
To make it simple for you Ken. Use a Slot.it Alfa T33, Ferrari 312PB or Matra 670B for race 4. Everyone else can race any car listed.
R
In
R
I'll bring my VW bus. Maybe it will meet a timely demise (I can only hope).
The Finger
Don't kill it Randy, I was hoping you and I could do a stupid race with them:ow😡
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator