Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Scalextric Vintage Le Mans

Last updated on 9 years ago
Ken
Vintage Scalextric LeMans

Cars: Scalextric Ford GT40 MkI and MkII, Ferrari P330 and 412, Chapparal 2F

You may:

True front and rear wheels and tires
Add lead
Remove front and rear axle slop without modifying the chassis
Change braid and lead wire
Coat the front tires
Glue in the motor and axle bushings
Create chassis rock
Trim or remove the uprights on the body that hold the rear bushings in

You must:

Use Scalextric rubber tires that fit the rim (don’t care what car they came off of)
Car must have at least one operating headlight (we will try to run at least a couple races in the dark)
Use Stock motor, gears, guideflag
Remove the magnet

Use of tire softening compounds is frowned upon (some or all track owners may ban them). Anything you use on your PPR’s should be fine, Ex. Tiger milk, Voodoo, Carmex, etc.
Ken
My stock GT40 tires were worse than useless, Rich’s are great. TransAm tires require a little stretching and cup slightly, but no more so that the stock tires. I’m afraid I have not seen anyone working on a P330/412 or Chapparal, so I don’t know what the tire situation is for those cars.
R
Should be fun
R
So it will be kind of stock tires all around?
Roberto.
Ken
Yes sir
gunslinger1352
Rich want's to know if you can use boy butter on the tires:D
Ken
If you can gather it, you can use it. Guys use spit, or the oil on their face, what's one more bodily fluid.
CYIROCK
Father Norm taught me best....
gunslinger1352
Believe me-Rich imports it in from the Czek Republic,us Italians import olive oil and Rich imports boy butter:o Correction:::::::Virgin boy butter.
Ken
They are Greeks in the former Czech republic, who knew?
B
Oh Boy!! I like BUTTER!! And Donuts too!!!!!
One of the three FFs From BolingBrook
B
Did you try Scaley Trans-Am tires yet? I'm testing my GT-40 tomorrow.
R
The Ferrari and the Chapperal both run as well as the GT
Ken
On which tires Randy?
Ken
On which tires Randy?
R
Trans Am tires is not stock tires for GT40, You talking about stock tires and now you are bending your own rules? I don't get it!!!
Roberto.
B
My GT-40 runs good with stock wheels and tires trued. No lead added yet.
Ken
Maybe you should go back Roberto and reread. The rules say Scalextric rubber tires off any car. The very next post talks about using TransAm tires specifically.
B
Ken as we are finishing the Carrera NASCAR series - will the Scaley Le mans race series start in April or May? How many races will make up the series and at what tracks?
R
My track is open for this series, let me know the date I'll let you know if it is available.
Roberto.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator