Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Shortly after the new year, Meadowdale will be destroyed

Last updated on 9 years ago
F
Unless.....someone wants it. Serious enquiries only. We'll have a couple more races on it before it happens, but unless someone wants it, the chainsaw will be it's fate.

You know how to get a hold of me.

FB
The Finger
After the Holidays I should be available to help with disassembly.
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
Ken
Gary has experience moving a track, maybe he can advise. I'm also willing to assist with disassembly, transport and reassembly any way I can.
F
I would like to announce that my Meadowdale slot car track will be donated to the Meadowdale International Raceway Preservation Association. I believe this is the best decision for the track and will continue to promote the history of MIR. It is my understanding that at least once a month we would be able to race on the track at the new facility, but more importantly it helps the preservation association keep the memory of the track alive.

I would like to thank Larry Fulhorst for arranging this donation.

I will have another holiday race in December which may be the last race (or next to the last race) on the track at my house.

Then, any help or advice as to how to get this thing taken apart and out of the house without destroying it will be entertained.

FB
R
Hope he says Amen, I hate to see this track go down like the real one. I'll help you on my spare time.
Roberto.
R
I'm in shock.
Roberto.
The Saw
That explains a lot. Abide.B)
F
@Ken - Yep that's the point
@Larry - It's 19 feet by 9 feet (at the widest point). The way I am looking at it now, is that whoever gets it, can have the track for free, since it will be your responsibility to chop it up and get it out. If the power supply (variable voltage 30 amp), controllers (professor motor) and trackmate board (no computer) is needed, then I'll ask $200 for those 3 items. My question to you is would it be in a place that the slot car group of guys can go and enjoy it? Or would this be just be for show in some preservation office? Doesn't really matter, just want to know.
@Randy - Duly noted
@Steve - Duly noted
@Gary - Yes, everything happens in the now and it's one big dream.

FB
The Saw
Now you tell me.
R
If nothing else there is room in my basement.
B
The Meadowdale International Raceway Preservation Association would be a good home for this track. What is the length and width? Would this be a sale or donation?
Ken
What's with the change of heart Bob? Meadowdale has been your obsession for what, like a decade?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator