Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Carrera NASCAR

Last updated on 9 years ago
Ken
So is someone working on rules for the next series? I think we'll have to accommodate guys with older cars that may already be modified in some way, cars could be retrofitted to lift the body back to stock height, etc. I find myself confronted with a couple issues myself. One of the front body posts.has been sleeved with brass tubing for years, meaning it won't ever fit into the cups on the chassis. Both rear posts are split and will need to be repaired, but the posts go through the bumper mounts, I can sleeve them far enough down to work with the chassis cups, but will need to modify the bumper holes. Suggestions?
The Saw
Get a new car.
The Finger
I think we as a club needs to relook at what made this club fun in the first place. Out of the box, add weight, eliminate magnets, add silicone tires. New motors on new cars is getting old fast. Just sayin I don't mind modifying , or building cars now and then, but for every series I lose interest.
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
The Saw
I believe the only thing we're changing in this series will be the motor and that's to provide brakes. Last time I talked to anybody I presented the idea of drivers choice of hawk, Jack rabbit, or stock e200 motor for those who don't need brakes.
Ken
Have fun
The Finger
Hey Ken I have an extra car that you can do with whatever you want, set it up for the series any way you want. Paint it, add 3s I really don't care. Its an extra car to me. B) its a superbird
The Saw
Sarcasm Ken, just seems like it would be easier to spend the $34 rather than all the work you described. I believe the Finger was right when he said we need to get back to our roots with some of our series and work with what's in the box, that being said all those cars that were heavily modified for eds series will have an advantage which will start the modification wars even for the guys starting with stock.
The Finger
Does anybody have a hawk motor or two I could buy for the next series? If not can you stop and get a couple for me Gary?
The Saw
I'll see what I can arrange.
B
I have a Hawk for you Finger.
gunslinger1352
Don't you mean you have a finger for his hawk?
The Finger
Good to see your here Norm, have your earplugs ready for tomorrow night?
Ken
Ball gag, Norm's bring a ball gag.
R
Think I'll keep my back to the wall all night
gunslinger1352
Ken, if you buy a ballgag by the volume that comes out of one's mouth I will have to get a softball gag for that guy
R
H & R jack rabbit or (hawk?) - JK hawk - 25, 7, or retro?;)
Larry Kelley
R

The Finger wrote:
I think we as a club needs to relook at what made this club fun in the first place. Out of the box, add weight, eliminate magnets, add silicone tires. New motors on new cars is getting old fast. Just sayin I don't mind modifying , or building cars now and then, but for every series I lose interest.

I'm new here, but I think if everybody keep the cars stock out of the box with no magnets and change tires will be the same for all.
Roberto.
F
Learn to drive the motors that come in the cars.
R

Father Bob wrote:
Learn to drive the motors that come in the cars.

Right, will be same for all drivers anyway.
Roberto.
Ken
Well, some cars just need a motor change. You wouldn't want to run Ninco classics with NC5's would you? Sometimes we need to level the field between different manufactures,. In the case of the Carrera NASCARs, nobody would want to run the series if we ran the stock motors. But I agree that we need to run more economical cars out of the box, and maybe even something we can still use for something after the series is over. Which is vary difficult to do.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator