Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Daytona 500 Weekend Race

Last updated on 13 years ago
The Saw
Club Track

4.5 minute heats/lane

Time

Practice
Noon

Racing
1:00

Kids Racing
10:00-Noon

Venue

Puckmasters Glenview
3084 N. Lake Terrace,
Glenview Il. 60026

3 Race classes

Vintage Stockers (NASCAR)
Carrera or Monogram
Stock rules apply
PPR TIRES
LEAD MAY BE ADDED
Slammed NC 1 Carreras will be allowed

Late NASCAR
Scaley or SCX
Stock rules apply
PPR TIRES
LEAD MAY BE ADDED

COT
Scaley, SCX, or Carrera
If you got 'em
Stock rules apply
Stock motors and gears
PPR TIRES
LEAD MAY BE ADDED

Stock: As it came out of the box, you may:

True tires and wheels, Oil and grease as needed, Remove front and rear axle slop (no chassis mods), Add lead, Coat the front tires, Change lead wires and braids as needed, Glue in motor, Glue in bushings. Use PPR tires, Change body screws, Install solid front axle, Create chassis rock. (SCX Cars) You may use a 42/42B motor, You may glue or tape in motor pod to fix or limit travel. The crown or spur gear must remain stock.

After Hours
Trans Am
If we get to it.
Ken
I think you'll find most either have Late model Nascars or COT's, most of us don't have both.
The Saw
So Ken, Does that mean you don't got 'em?
Ken
Yep, I don't have a COT. Which isn't really an issue. But I think if you polled our racers you'd find that most only have one or the other, not both.
R
have cars dont have tires slip sliding away
R
never mind....found trans am tires...sorta fit....ish
Ken
Just to clarify, this year we will be running on the club track correct, not the Ninco rectangle?
The Saw
We'll have wood.
Ken
I knew that, but wanted to make sure everybody else did, in case the Ninco track may have made them less likely to attend.
The Finger
I am a little crazy; that being said i have three cot's and will share. No complaining thou.:DB):D I also have a late model nascar.But just one.:(
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
The Saw
Oh, by the way, Mom's home from California so apple slices.:p
The Saw
So far I have the following racers:

Rich (CYIROCK)
Ronny (Twister)
Randy Flight Instructor)
Jimmy (Sofa King)
Larry (The Finger)
Kevin (Hammer)
Mike (Magneto)
Ken
Jimmy (Speed Racer)
Gary (The Saw)
Ramcat???

If I missed anybody please let me know.
Thanks,
Gary
The Finger
I am hoping a friend from work Big Dog Kris will be joining us. And mabey the missing link little finger.;)
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
The Saw
Cool!
B)
Ken
Stupid question, but are we going to have pit space?
The Saw
No, none at all.
Ken
I meant like tables and chairs. I guess the more I think about it, I wasn't in attendance when this was discussed initially, and nobody told me, where are we going to be? Will it be a classroom that's been rearranged for us, are we racin on the ice, or the fake ice, is their a bar or lounge area that can accomodate us? We aren't racing in a locker room are we? I've been in rinks during tryouts, and I could barely stand to be in the lobby the stench was so bad. Please tell me we're not in a locker room. Maybe just a heads up so we know where to go when we walk in?
The Saw
We'll be in the lobby area with two oversized couches, a big screen TV, tables for the pits, and a small kitchenette area with a sink and microwave. I'm looking for a large coffee maker. We may even be able to use the conference room for the pit area. If not theres plenty of room in the lobby.
I'll be bringing some folding chairs and I'll check to see if we need more.
I don't think we'll need any more table space. The place is pretty clean for an athletic facility and theres no showers to create a mold or mildew environment. We send the kids home with the stink still on em.
GKB)
Ken
Cool, I feel much better now. Beverages and snacks will be BYO I assume?
The Saw
How've we done it in the past? I'll be bringing a pan of apple slices and can look into some sloppy joes and chips. I'm looking for a coffee maker as well.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator