Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Ninco 1 C-6 Spec Vette Car Rules

Last updated on 14 years ago
Voodoo
Car rules

Stock rules: DO NOT APPLY
Max width Rear: 2 3/8”
Max width Front: 2 3/8"
Rear Wheel: Stock plastic (No Mods)(True Only)(May use 80705,80704, And 80709) Edited 03-02-10
Tires: PPR Handout 1201 Spec
Bushings: Stock (no mods) as is
Axle Rear: Stock
Axle Front: Stock (you must trim down to achive max front width)
Magnet: No (Must Remove)
Crown Gear: Stock
Pinion: Hand Out 10 tooth
Motor: Stock NC-11
Max Weight: 80 grams race ready
Front Rims: True only
Front tires: Stock
Coat front tires: Yes
True front tires down: No (No trueing at all, coat only)
Guide flag: Stock
Guide flag spacer: No (stock Spring)
Braids: Any
Lead wire: Stock
Ride height: Stock
Chassis mods: You may open screw holes for chassis rock. You may lightly sand sidepans for chassis rock. Absolutely nothing else can be done.
Chassis Body Mounts: No mods must remain stock
Body Posts: stock
Driver: no
Non functioning car parts: (Struts, pipes, etc…) must be present
Numbers: Yes car must have 3 numbers
Paint: Yes
Front Radiator: remains stock
Interior mods: no interior
Motor Tape: Yes
Glue Motor In: No
Rear Bushings: Stock
Glue Rear Bushings In: No
Block Front axle: No
Motor resistors: remain stock
Lead: Yes (Top of chassis only)
Tape: must use over the screw holes
Screws: Stock no mods (you may use glue or nail polish in the body posts to keep screws in place)
Body mount: You may lightly sand to allow body rock (edited 4/06/10)

If it is not in the rules you may not do it
The Spirit And Intent Rule Is In Affect
If you have a part failure, dont just assume and fix it with non stock parts or do something that is not in the rules, please call Voodoo @ 630-532-0714 and we will work it out.

The car stock weighs 72 grams, the max weight is 80 grams. I tested the car with 6 grams of weight and allowed 2 extra grams for paint, if you paint heavy you use less lead, total max weight is 80 grams however you get there is your choice.

The reason for the max weight, The Daytona Prototypes were glued to the track, and I feel these are able to perform the same or better. We all know magnets hide all the evils of a slot car, and the same can be said for lead. I believe a car that is true in all aspects will handle great and the lead is added for even better performance, too often lead is added too quick and the real issue was never corrected. So my plan here is to start from the beginning and build a stock car without all the little tricks and cheats. I will tell you the best kept secret in slot car history, are you ready:D Round is round, flat is flat, and square is square. Guys I said this as a joke but it is the honest truth, The Wheels are the big deal, they have to be true and ultra smooth. If the wheels are off all else is for nothing, no joke, if you dont know how or or want to see how Rich, Neal, or myself do it just ask. My goal is that everyones car is equal and may the best driver win.
Thanks Voodoo (Frank)

Second place is just the first place loser.
Ken
You mentioned last night that these cars will be marked with serial numbers, is that still the plan?
Voodoo
Yes the cars will come to Neal and I plan to hand them out @ the 6 hour enduro, before I do I will mark the chassis/motors with an engraver.
Thanks Voodoo (Frank)

Voodoo
Hey guys, I was thinking and I feel it would be a good idea to allow the 80705 18 spoke rims, the 80704 Mosler, 80709 BMW rims. The reason for this is in 2 parts, 1 the stock rims have the larger .010 O.D and with handout tires if a mistake is made trueing the tires I only will a few spare sets. 2 In the case of part failure of for looks for paint jobs. If I have missed a set you would like to use ask me to add them, remember they must be Ninco 17" wide rear and narrow fronts.
Thanks Voodoo (Frank)

SmilinRay

Voodoo wrote:
The car stock weighs 72 grams, the max weight is 80 grams. I tested the car with 6 grams of weight and allowed 2 extra grams for paint, if you paint heavy you use less lead, total max weight is 80 grams however you get there is your choice.

What's a gram? Aren't they those yummy crackers my mom used to give me with a glass of milk? What do they have to do with the spec car and how ya gonna fit 6 of them crackers in the car? ;)

I'm a Professional Land Surveyor, just like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson before me, I don't do metric! If God meant for us to use metric, there'd have been 10 disciples and beer would come in 10 packs. :o

My scale is in ounces (as any true American's scale would be:o). A quarter ounce is somewhere between 6 to 8 grams so I guess if I don't add more than a 1/4 oz., I'm OK.

Just kidding!
Smilin' Ray
http://smilinrays.webs.com/
http://www.facebook.com/SmilinRay
Voodoo
You put them in a blender, then mix with a glue of your choice, and the spead it BUTTER.B)
Thanks Voodoo (Frank)

Ken

Voodoo wrote:
You put them in a blender, then mix with a glue of your choice, and the spead it BUTTER.B)

WTF is that supposed to say?
The Saw
I think Frankie may be working too hard.
GKB)
Voodoo
All I can say is sorry, I will go now.
Thanks Voodoo (Frank)

Ken
Aaaaawww come on it might be really funny if I knew what "and the spead it BUTTER" meant.
SmilinRay

Voodoo wrote:

I think he's answering my "what's a gram?" question. But the BUTTER part? I don't know, maybe he's trying to get gunslinger's attention. :o
Smilin' Ray
http://smilinrays.webs.com/
http://www.facebook.com/SmilinRay
gunslinger1352
it did get my attention Ray ,I almost forgot about that-but I see you didn't.YOU must STILL be using that GRECIAN BOY BUTTER you brought back from that one trip:D The question remains on who:o:o
Hammer
NORMS LOVE'S BUTTER, at your favorite grocery store. Get it while supplies last. :D:D:D

race cars dont need brakes
gunslinger1352
Hey Hammer don't you sell it at the minimart? see- this was a personal testement.we can see you've been slathered with a tub or two in your day:D:o
Speed Racer
I thought this thread was about the Spec rules. Not Gibber Jabber
Hammer
I bought my supply from you, you are the sole distributer my friend

:D:D:D:D
race cars dont need brakes
gunslinger1352
Hey Hammer{AKA Gibber} I guess it's time to stop with our inane banter:(-Jim the Thread Nazi has pointed that out} It was fun while it lasted-but now I gottsta go churn more butter-Hope we see you soon---------Norm{AKA Jabber}:D:D:D:D
Speed Racer
Thank You
R
RAY: 2.5 to max 2.8 oz scaled on my digital postal scale.

SO, if we cannot adjust the fit between the body post and chassis sockets, then how is the body supposed to rock at all when they are already bound up?
You need no screws to hold the body in place.:o
Larry Kelley
Ken
I have to agree, my body literally snaps on and will stay on without screws. Three of my body posts are 1-2 thousandths larger than the cup they are supposed to fit in, and the 4th is exactly the same size. The bigger issue is none of the posts or holes are the same size. I think that attempting to reduce the diameter of the posts has more potential for damage that removing the cups.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator