Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Legends tires

Last updated on 5 months ago
Ken
Here's a link with some info.

http://www.slotcarcorner.com/files/PaulGageTiresChart.pdf

The problem (not just with these tires, with the industry), is everywhere you look you get different info. Pull up his eBay store and search "22103". 2 listings come up, one for a Pioneer Legend, one for a Carrera nascar, they both list the same part number, but one says "soft". And there is no way in hell that tire is fitting a Carrera vintage nascar. If you search for tires for a Legend on one online store you get part number x, on a different store you get part number y. None of them mention all 3 sizes, or the fact that there are different compounds.

I understand that there are new cars released every week, and keeping up with a cross-reference would be impossible, but it would be nice if somebody at least tried, the Super tires list hasn't been updated in years. I won't even start in on the car manufacturers.
Chuck
Yes ...Ken you are correct the PGT tires are the firmer compound available from Paul Gage.
Ken
But we're still back to which ones will be legal?
J
I've read in the past about some guys having grip issues with mixing tire compounds on their tracks. I'm pretty sure my brother Tim mentioned that he noticed some grip issues after running urethanes on some cars too. Specifically, the silicones don't work well after the urethane rubber has been laid down. Something to test and consider before switching compounds. Now, that said, I'm all for the club using urethanes because they are so much easier to true than silicones for a comparable grip. However, I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of changing over the fleet of cars just yet.
Ken
That is correct, forgot all about that, and maybe it isn't as big an issue as it used to be. But yes, urethane tires wear and leave a dusty oily residue that Super tires and Quickslicks will not respond well to. Generally rule of thumb is pick your tires, stock rubber, urethane or silicone and stick with it. Rubber tires will leave a buildup (rubbered in), urethane tires leave a residue and don't mind a dusty track and silicone tires need a clean track. 12 guys, 2 hours of practice, 3 minute heats may leave you with results you are not happy with.
R
NEW RULES FOR LEGEND CARS SERIES.
RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH!!!!!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator