Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

2021 RULES Ford Vs Ferrari Series

Last updated on 3 years ago
The Saw
Ford vs Ferrari Rules
Ford vs Ferrari was a 4-year event from 1965-68.
During these 4 years, Ford used the GT40 and Ferrari used the 250LM, 275LM and the 330 P3 and P4.
All club rules apply with the exception of the below. Some of the below rules may mimic the club rules.

Legal Cars:
Slot It. Ford GT40 Mk 1 and Mk 2 , and the Policar 330 P3 and 412 P4. amended 9/21(Policar is owned by Slot It.)
These cars come with 23,000 rpm motors amended 6/11/21. All track power at all events will be at 12 volts. We are lowering the track voltage to 12 volts so no one needs to replace the motor with a lesser RPM motor to handle the 13.8 volts.
The 4/4/20 race at Satan’s Turf will be at 13.8 volts. Amended 3/4/20.

Body:
Body most be stock as it came out of the box. No lexan interiors. No deleting parts or body panels to make the body lighter.
Must use stock pod to chassis screws and chassis to body screws. No brass screws.
Tires cannot protrude outside of body as viewed from above from center line of wheel.

Chassis:
Minimal sanding of edges of chassis for purposes of body rock allowed.

Motor:
Maximum of 23,000 rpm amended 6/11/21 or less, is free choice. No ball bearings. Must use stock lead wire that came with car.
Motor may be glued or screwed in place.

Motor Pod:
Must use grey, CH67, 0.5 offset motor pod that came with both cars.
No modifications to motor pod.

Tires:
Front tires can be trued and coated with finger nail polish. Front tires can be glued to the wheels. Can remove lateral axle slop by shimming.
Rear tires must be the rubber that came with the car or Silicone of free choice. Rear tires can be trued and polished. Rear tires can be glued to the wheels.
The Slot It GT40 comes with metal rear wheels. The Policar comes with plastic rear wheels. In the interest of equality, the Policar will be allowed to use metal rear wheels. Only Permitted Rear Wheel: Slot it W15808215A. Must also have PA46, stock wheel inserts or PCS06B

Gearing:
Either 11T or 12T brass pinion allowed. 32T stock spur gear must be used.

Weight:
Weight is limited to lead or Tungsten.

Misc:
May use super glue to eliminate the clearance between the axle and axle bushings.
Can shim rear axle to remove lateral axle slop and for spacing purposes.

Heats will be 5 minutes long. Amended 5/24/20

Any questions or suggestions should be directed to Denny (Disco Denny) or Gary (The Saw).
Sofa King
just to be clear, why would you think you would have to change the motor if we ran 13.8 volts like we ALWAYS have and never had to change them before?
Sofa King
also, basically stock class, so if it comes with plastic wheels we run plastic wheels.:|
R
I'm not dropping the voltage on my track
gunslinger1352
Don't plastic wheels need 13.8 volts to run as fast as aftermarket wheels.They are not as round and true as aftermarket wheels and if you devide the RPM rate by the flux capasiter and then multiply the conuten valve rate you will find the metal wheels are superior.(TEXT TAKEN FROM THE BOOK OF DENNY) And since I am bored what "s the dif. at each track you all gotta race at 12 volts or 13. whatever volts. we are not scoring by total laps for points just placement that perticular race.Does 12 V make the car easier to drive-hell yes but I don't believe there is that much differance between 12-13.8. AGAIN NOT TRYING TO CAUSE A PROBLEM
If you beat my dad,I will be leaving a present in your slotcar box
Ken
You know, 12 volts at Denny's for Vintage F1 seemed reaaaaaally slow, motors in some other cars were like an on off switch, but when it came to these cars, 12 volts still seemed like a handful for most of us. Is it possible that the lower voltage takes some motors out of their preferred powerband and makes them harder to drive? I know it seems counter intuitive, but many of the cars I put on the track that night were not happy at 12 volts.
R
Thank God Norm has graceful way with words. I'd be lost without his mindful and heart warming words.
R
If the cars are too much to handle at 13.8 volts we could put magnets in them. I will gladly purchase magnetic braid and redo my track if needed.
R
Just an FYI. The plastic wheels on the Ferrari are made by slot it and are as round and true as the aluminum wheels and weigh less, therefore faster
R
And thank you Ken for your insight.
Sofa King
Yeah, I You know that I am. a pain in the ass doesn't say about the braids. Can I change them or not?
The Saw
Changed the braid but not the guide flag.
Ken
Um, just realized my Slot-it GT40 white kit came with a black motor pod?
The Saw
So what RPM is that?
Ken
Rules say grey ch67 pod only.
The Saw
Check for yours in the slot.it guide. I only see the dark grey ch67 .5 mm offset in sidewinder configuration.
Ken
Wow, I never saw a grey pod that wasn't light grey. Needed an led flashlight to see that it isn't black. Never mind, move along, nothing to see here.
The Saw
See rules amendment dated 3/4/20.
The Saw
See rule amendment dated 5/24/20.
Ken
Now my last post doesn't show and the thread says it was last updated yesterday?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator