Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Chicagoland Raceway Race Card / Sign Up

Last updated on 5 years ago
The Finger
Race 1. Modern Nascar
Race 2. Modern GT/LMP
Race 3. IROC Womps
Race 4. Ken's Hobby Stock
Race 5. Modern Trans Am H & R

1. Finger
2. Ken
3. Big Lare
4. Ramcat
5. Chuck
6. Rich
7. Denny
8. Gary
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
B
In
Chuck
Need some advice here....
Can you guys give me an idea for cars for these two races:
Dirt Cars and Hobby Stock?
Aren't they very similar?
I searched the website and facebook sights but found very little info.
Any info, or pictures appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Chuck
Chuck
D
What the heck is a Dirt Car and a Hobby Stock????
In particular, what chassis, motors, gearing, body’s, etc.
With such a large track to race on why pick cars that race on short ovals?
Swiss’s track cries out for LMP and Modern GT ( which you have ), Can Am , Trans Am, 60’s or 70’s F1, Early Le Mans, any class that races at larger road racing venues. :(
The greatest threat to our future success is believing what we are doing today will be good enough to win tomorrow!!!
The Finger
Hobby stock is Kens race, no car needed. Ken will supply. Dirt car is any car similar to hot rods for set up. Jack Rabbit motor, any chassis, any gear ratio. Any body similar to dirt stockers, late model, stock cars with opened up wheel wells. It's up to you. I went with that for the first race to get us used to the track with a slower car to start. MOST of us have a couple and we never race them. I try to bring out cars we seldom race. I posted a picture of my two on the club Facebook page.
gunslinger1352
Thank you Finger,it gets stale running the same cars over and over again. HEY DENNY CAN I COME OVER AND RUBY SOME VIPERS PIT DIRT ON MY DIRT CAR,I HEAR IT MAKES YOUR CARS AT LEAST 2 TENTHS FASTER:D::D
If you beat my dad,I will be leaving a present in your slotcar box
R
in. I can bring two hobbystock as well.
Larry Kelley
Ken
I'd think a jack rabbit might be a but painful. Even the H&R cars might be a bit slow. Has anyone spoken to Mike about what lanes we can choose to race on? You're not planning on running all eight lanes are you?
The Finger
It has been pointed out that anything slower then 18000 rpm would be like watching paint dry. So against what I want, I will change to Modern Nascar. At least they can take a beating without losing to many pieces.

Hoping to run just the 4 middle lanes. We won't have enough people to run all eight.
Chuck
How funny... ;)
Just finished a dirt car late last night...and received the needed jack rabbit motor today in the mail.
NASCAR is fine with me, and probably a great choice...,
Hopefully the dirt cars will come up again in the near future...maybe at Jon's oval track in Ringwood.
Thanks for the update.
Chuck
Chuck
In please.
Thanks
Chuck
R
along with the 'paint drying' theme, ...one nite only - 27T crown gear for the womps?
Larry Kelley
D
Normy, you can come over and rub my dirt anytime.
And just so put it out there if anyone wants to come over and run, test, tune just give me a call and we’ll work out the time.

What about controllers ? Is someone bringing the controllers or do we bring our own ?
The greatest threat to our future success is believing what we are doing today will be good enough to win tomorrow!!!
The Finger
As far as controllers go, Rich said he is bringing the club owned ones.
I was not planning on purchasing new gears for the womps for one race.
If the guys want to thats fine, but it is an IROC race.
CYIROCK
I will be there and so will the club controllers...
gunslinger1352
Sorry Guys, just found out -can't make it Saturday night- Hope you have a blast. I WAS looking forward to it.:(
If you beat my dad,I will be leaving a present in your slotcar box
The Finger
I have changed the ORDER of the races, not the classes.
B
Ed Sexton is IN
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator