Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

BTCC rules

Last updated on 6 years ago
The Finger
2017 BTCC race series rules

Race is to be 6 race nights.
2 races per night.
One daytime and one nighttime race per night.
Track owner to choose whether to run daytime or nighttime race first.
2 drops
A tie at the end of the series will decided by adding the best finish on one of the drops. (Yes a new idea)
Cars will be late model Scalextric BTCC cars, Passat, Honda Civic Type R,
BMW 125, And MG6 only. Any Livery including fantasy as long as it has numbers.
Box Stock as per club definition.
Must run Quick Slick size CB34XF.

You May

True and coat front tires and wheels taking minimum stock only.

Remove axle slop using no chassis mods
Create Chassis rock removing minimum stock.

Tape or glue in Motor.

Change Braid to copper on scaly guide plate.

Add lead .

Glue in Axle Bushings.

You May NOT.

Change any wheels or front tires.

disassemble stock lights.

Change gears or motor.

Change lead wires.

Modify interior.

This series is intended to run as close to stock as possible.
First race will be Nov 4th. place as yet to be determined.
As race director I wanted to try something new that rewards making the most race nights, hence the change to the tie breaker.
This is the first Rich or Gary has heard of it so say something to me not them.
I believe I was pretty fair last series I ran, I will do the same again.
Tentative race schedule.
Nov 4th Meadowdale
Nov 18th Satan's Turf.
Dec 2nd Der Slottenhausen speedway.
Dec 16th Thomas Toyota.
Jan 13th Vipers pit.
Jan 27th CRR.
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
The Finger
Just talked to Rich, Tires are on there way.

To All BTCC Series Racers, Rich will hand out the Quick Slicks at Jon's fun race if he gets them in time. If not we have all of October to hand them out.
Ken
Now, don't get me wrong, anybody who steps up to run a series deserves our thanks. It's a lot of work that most guys don't want to do. But I have questions, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I may be the only one who will step up and ask. We will do this one question at a time, anyone else please feel free to join in.

Will the day and night races be scored together or seperate?
gunslinger1352
Hoping together-I do my best work at night:D:D
If you beat my dad,I will be leaving a present in your slotcar box
The Finger
The two races will be combined this year. Points will be scored separately as per race and added together.
Ken
I guess the next question is why two races in one night with the same car? Will these be 3 minute heats? Often a few guys leave before we get a 5tb race in, if we run a 5th one at all. So half the night's racing will be with one car? If I break it in the first race beyond a quick pit stop I'm out for half the night's racing? Or if my car sucks in the first race, now I have to suffer through a second race? Chances are the guy who kicks my ass in the first race, is going to kick my ass in the second race too. I guess I'm just lost as to the theory here. Yes, the cars have lights, but if it ran as a single race per night, some of them could still be run in the dark.
The Finger
One Day race and one Night race. Last year the track owners told me that they liked the idea of two scheduled races. So Gary suggested and I agreed that a day and night race would be fun. Lately we have been stopping races for broken cars, even in series races. I don't like it but that's what we have been doing. And I am not going to change what's working.
B
Two races a night in the series is a great idea. Many members have more than one BTCC car. They can race two cars.
Ken
By that logic we should only race Fly classic for the next six months and then Ninco classics for a couple months because I have enough different cars to run a different one for every race. I'm reasonably certain for every racer who has multiple cars, we have one with only one car.
The Saw
Hey Kkkkken, are you racing in the series?:o
Ken
I have a car and will make as many as I can.
B
We all look forward to the next Ken Isler series.
D
I like the idea of 2 series races in one night. But I had always imagined it with 2 different classes. But same class is ok too. Maybe we could create some time in between the 2 BTCC races to have time to work on your BTCC to make adjustments. Just a thought.

Question: when it says no changing lead wires does that mean we have to keep the wiring the same as it comes with, plugs included?
The greatest threat to our future success is believing what we are doing today will be good enough to win tomorrow!!!
The Finger
Yes, as it came out of the box.
D
Ok, I guess I'll just buy another car then.
This us going to be a great series.
The greatest threat to our future success is believing what we are doing today will be good enough to win tomorrow!!!
The Finger
Sorry Denny, I was hoping the rules would have gotten out sooner. Text Brian, maybe he would be open to a rules revision.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator