Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

RSVP SUMMER SERIES RACE 5 @ VIPERS PIT

Last updated on 7 years ago
The Saw
Doors open at NOON, racing at 7:00.

1. Fly Early LeMans
2. Mid Era F1 cigar or monocoque body
3. Ninco Classic Series
4. Trans Am Series
5. Scaley LMP

Series cars may be teched.

1. Denny
2. Gary
3. BL
4. Ramcat
5. Norm
6. Finger
7. Thumb
8. Brian
9. Windy?
10. Mike
B
in
R
Sorry guys. But no.
Ken
Nope
R
Should make it
:D
Larry Kelley
gunslinger1352
Yep
If you beat my dad,I will be leaving a present in your slotcar box
The Finger
If I am allowed I will go, and bring thumb with me.
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
The Saw
Denny would like you all to know that the doors open at noon for early practice.
D
I think I want to share with all of you some things I know about my track.
It started when I would work on cars, set them on the straight and pull the trigger.
The car would hope and bounce all around. I use to add tons of lead weight to try and stop this and in some cases, it would work. This frustrated the crap out of me.
But over the last year, I've come to understand what it takes to get a car to run on my track and so here it is:

1. You must super glue the rear axle bushing to the chassis. I put a small drop of CA on a tooth pick so the tooth pick has a drop of CA hanging from it and then carefully, set the drop on the top of the bushing and let it drain down around the bushing. I will do this 2 times per bushing.

2. You must do the super glue trick to take up any axle slop between the axle and the bushings. I mean there can be NO play at all. In some cases, my axle to bushing clearance is so tight, it will bind the axle until I run the car long enough to wear away some of the super glue. Hook up power to the motor. I do the same drop of CA on the tooth pick and usually drop it on the inside of the bushing where the axle goes through the bushing and watch the CA seep into the space between the bushing and axle. Then spin the axle to make sure the CA doesn't lock up the axle. Then I will turn on the power supply at it's lowest voltage, 5 volts, and let it spin for a bit, then try high revs to hear how it sounds. If the clearance is too tight, I will not put any oil between the bushing and the axle so the CA can wear away. Then I will oil it.

3. You must super glue the motor to the chassis. Do not use Shoe Goo. It has some small amount of give to it. The motor must me rock solid in it's holder. Absolutely no movement at all.

4. After you have trued your rear wheels ( even metal ones ) you must glue your silicone tires to the wheels. This is not necessary for when you accelerate down the straightway, but it greatly reduces the rear tires from chattering when going around corners. I use black weatherstrip adhesive, and wipe off any excess on the sidewalls after mounting the tire to the wheel. It will slide around the corners much smother, which will give it better grip.

In theory, you are trying to eliminate any play in the drive line system. If I could, I would eliminate as much as possible the play between the pinion and crown/spur gear to be as small as possible. But we can't.

Once you do this, the car will accelerate smoothly down the straightaway.

Then you can start adding lead to get the handling you want.

Now , when ever I get a new car, the first thing I do are the 4 steps above before I do anything else.

And Gary, just for you I will not be cleaning my track, just a quick tack rag across the surface.

Hopes this helps all of you. See you Saturday Night. Disco
The greatest threat to our future success is believing what we are doing today will be good enough to win tomorrow!!!
D
Windy is a maybe.

Will miss you Randy.
The greatest threat to our future success is believing what we are doing today will be good enough to win tomorrow!!!
gunslinger1352
Windy is maybe what???
gunslinger1352
Gary any luck on getting my avitarl up yet,it's a picture of finger when he was a baby.I believe the picture was labeled dinky pinky.
The Finger
I still have dinky pinky syndrome
The Finger
to clear things up, is it late LeMans scaly or Late LMP scaly?
B
What cars are you talking about?
The Saw
Sorry, should have said Scaley LMP.
gunslinger1352
Denny,Steve(Penguin) and his friend Mark who lives in Plainfield want to stop by around 7:00 and maybe race if that's Ok.
gunslinger1352
Thanks Denny,had a great time.Looking forward to comming back again:D
D
I wanted to thank everyone for attending last Saturday Nights Race. I know there were others that did not attend but wanted to.
Record turn out, 16 racers.
I had a great time and I love hosting races.
You guys are the best.
Thanks to Gary and Big Larry for helping with the computer work.
I can't wait to host another race and get started with the BTCC series. That will be a great series. I have already started to get my VW and Honda running.
Jon Tousant, great to see you again, and Penguin, great to see you and thanks for bring Mark Kubes. I have known Mark since 71,72 and he is a great guy. And how can I forget Thumb. I'm going to get an old COX controller just for you.

I hope the tuning tips I posted previously helped to get your cars to work better on my track.

I'll see you guys at the first BTCC race.
D
Does anyone remember where Jon Tousant got that roll of lead form?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator