Guests Online: 2
No Members Online
Registered Members: 67
Unactivated Members: 1
Newest Member: oz10k
We will also be celebrating Dan Gurney’s driving career in October. The Riverside track was sometimes called “The House that Gurney built”- operating from 1957 to 1988. Today it is a shopping mall and a housing development, but it lives on in Gary and Johnna Knabe’s basement.
So along with the club concept of qualifying on one, two or all three weekends for the final DTM Shoot Out – the Gurney Cup will score this way. Your best 4 finishes will be scored. You can choose to race one, two or three weekends – but only your best 4 will count. The tie breaker will be the final Trans-Am race during the DTM Shoot Out on October 22 and will count as your 5th race.
I’ve tried to pick cars we have raced in the past and don’t want anyone to have to buy new cars. Please message me if you have a car you are not sure about. I want to include everyone and share photos with Dan Gurney from our races.
Again Dan Gurney’s All American Racers will be providing awards.
1) Any Ninco Classics on the long course
– Dan got his first pro win at Riverside with a 1957 Corvette.
2) Any Monogram Lola T-70 on the long course (stock wheels and gears)
– Dan gave Ford it’s only Can-Am win in 1966 with his Lola.
3) Any 1965-1970 Early Le Mans on the long course
-Dan won the 1967 race with AJ Foyt in a Ford MkIV
– Any Ferrari 250LM, P3, P4, 512S or Coda Lunga/Ford GT40 MkI, MkII or MkIV/ Lola T-70 coupe/Chaparral 2D,2F/Porsche 904,906,907,910,908, 908/2 or 908/3, Matra. (9/24)
-No Can-Am or Interseries Spyders.
4) Any Monogram NASCAR on the NASCAR course (stock wheels and gears)
-Dan won Riverside in 1963, 4, 5 and 6 with Fords.
1) Any Classic F-1(1950-1965 narrow tires 1204/1301) on the long course
– Dan raced for Ferrari, BRM, Porsche and Brabham during this era.
2) Any NC-1 Classics (1950-1965 production sports cars without motor pods) on the long course
– Dan raced Ferrari, Maserati and Cobra.
3) Any Monogram/MRRC Sebring Chassis cars (stock or past series rules) on the long course
- Dan raced Cobras and the Ford MkIV.
4) Any Carrera Classic NASCAR (past series rules –stock wheels and gears with E200, Hawk or Jack Rabbit) on the NASCAR course.
– Dan raced a Ford Torino and Plymouth Superbird.
1) Any Mid Era F-1 1966-1970 (past series Eagle/LotusFF motor car rules) on the long course
- Dan won in 1967 with his classic Eagle. He also raced a Brabham and McLaren.
2) Any Monogram McLaren M6 (past series rules) on the long course
– Dan raced the McLeagle.
3) Any 1966-1970 Can-Am Cars (no Alfa 33s) on the long course
– Dan won his last Can-Am in a McLaren M8D.
- Any Chaparral 2E,G,H,J Any Lola T-70,160/3,220 Any McLaren M1,6,8 Any Ferrari 512/612 Any Porsche 908/2,917PA, 917K
4) Any Modern NASCAR on the NASCAR course
– Dan came out of retirement for one race Riverside 1980 as Dale Earnhardt’s teammate. He drove a Chevy Monte Carlo but dropped out with transmission trouble while running second.
1) Short course with Trans-Am Pony cars 1966-70.
– This will be the final race and count for points. Tie breaker.
-Dan raced Cougars, Mustangs and AAR Cudas in the Trans-Am.
D.T.M SHOOTOUT CAR RULES
All cars this year will be Carrera DTM cars only.
See club stock definition below. If it is not in the stock definition then you cannot do it, with the exceptions listed below.
Stock: As it came out of the box, you may:
True front tires and wheels and coat.
Oil and grease as needed.
Remove front and rear axle slop (no chassis mods).
Change lead wires and braids as needed.
Glue in motor.
Glue in bushings.
Use silicone tires, either 1307 as precribed by Super Tires or 1400-1410.
Change body screws.
Install solid front axle.
Create chassis rock with minimal sanding.
Open up chassis post cups without reducing ride height.
No “Pro” cars. Cars must have race liveries, numbers, and drivers.
You may run a stock E200 or a H & R Hawk motor.
All cars must run stock 3:1 gear ratio.
In addition to the “stock” rules, you must run stock size plastic wheels made by Carrera for DTM.
All races will be performed on the Chicago Riverside Raceway Long Course.
The series format will be as before. 4 consecutive weeks of racing, the first three for qualifying and the fourth will be the shootout. These will take place over the first four weekends in October.
Previous winning cars and chassis are disallowed from future competition in all future DTM Shootout races.
2016 Ninco LMP/GT Series
Race is to be 6 races per class/ two races per night. Must run both classes per night in your choice of order as the racer. Only Class leader or leaders must announce which car they are running the first race of each night
All Ninco Brand LMP And GT class cars, both In-Line and Anglewinder are allowed.
Both solid plastic, and Motor Pod cars are allowed.
Only Ninco or Pro-Race parts are allowed for any modifications.
PPR tires 1200, 1201, or 1409 are to be used.
Stock guide flag only.
Copper Braid only.
Stock front tires to be used, may be trued and coated.
No chassis modifications allowed.
Car to remain stock height. no lowering chassis posts.
Car must keep stock interior.
Remove front and rear axle slop.
Any Ninco/Pro-race gears, any gear ratio.
Any Ninco/Pro-Race motor max RPM of 23,500 as marked on motor tag.
Glue or tape in motor.
If cars came with long can, must stay long can.
If car came with short can, must stay short can.
Any brand lead wires.
Any brand body screws.
May glue in bushings.
Sand a minimum amount to achieve chassis rock .
NINCO LMP/GT SERIES RACE DATES
11/5/16 Papa Steve's Speedway, DeKalb IL
11/19/16 Satans Turf, Crystal Lake, IL
12/3/16 Vipers Pit, Plainfield, IL
12/17/16 Thomas Nissan, Joliet, IL TO BE CONFIRMED
1/7/17 Meadowdale International Raceway, Cary IL
1/28/17 Chicago Riverside Raceway, Chicago, IL
|Latest Active Forum Threads
Not a member yet?Click here
Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here
There is no content for this panel yet